Sunday, January 25, 2009

kind of hurt

I searched online to get what I wrote about The Lacemaker a few years ago, then I got here:

http://chrisnova.blogbus.com/

I don't know who she or he is. It is funny to see that fragments of my life are copied by others. Sometimes people may use others' essays without notice. That's not good but I do not mind so much. What's absurd this time is that I can see my life in the copies. I am quite flattered as she or he used what I wrote with different IDs in different places. Yet I am kind of hurt.

Please stop doing this with me. Please. Thanks. My life is really not worth your efforts. Forgive my rudeness. I guess you can never become Carson McCullers by copying others. You also make me feel bad about myself, which is so pale that can be covered by a few entries you copied: ridiculous application to central european university, eternal love of small towns, never changed self-pity when writing about any movie or any book.

To be honest, I did think that people in the art profession may be more reliable than us economists. Unfortunately, it turned not true when I got along with two directors. Now I even cannot depend on the 'art youth'. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. I'm Nova writing this in a deeply apologetic tone. I'm sorry,sincerely.Please noted that I'm not proud of the plagiarism.I found myself like it too much and simply wanted that to be mine.
      I read your work from a very long time ago,under the name of Jia Ruixue at that time.Mesmerising as it is,I myself was trying to create something exactly like that,alas,without any luck.I guess the word"exactly" lead to those absurd behaviours.
       So that's how it get started.Copy the words and sentences,titles of course.Keep repeating to myself that,don't worry She won't find out.
       I was wrong.
       I'm really sorry.Not expecting any forgiveness.I know this kind of behaviour is to some extent intolerable.Deleted the article that I copied entirely .As for the words and sentences,could you please regard it as a loan of some sort? (Not Justifying what I've done)
       It won't happen again.And I do want to express my gratitude for the joy your words had given me.What a weird timing to say this.
      Sorry.
      Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading Zoe's essays(i only found some fragments..)
    once I tried to create sth like that,as you did,but it was nothing.
    I mean,the most important thing is your experience.
    Zoe have proved this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm..
    zoe,i really enjoy reading your stories..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the new year greetings.

    Actually what annoyed me was not being copied but realizing that I don't have any more to be copied. What you read in the most unimportant corners of that magazine were in fact my unsent letters. But now I even could not find a proper sentence to express myself when writing to the people I cherish so much. Your ctrlX job is like a mirror reflecting myself, which makes me deeply depressed. You see, I am selfish in the end.

    ReplyDelete