Saturday, January 31, 2009

1. Had my hair cut. I have never felt comfortable with my own hairs in my life...

2. Had lunch with Jan. He talked fast as usual with a slight German accent. I often failed to understand him when he was our TA. Later I found I could perfectly follow him. But I failed again today. This made me feel a bit nervous and hence talk even worse. Jörgen has kindly suggested me three times investing in speaking. I should seriously consider his suggestions now. I listened to a bit from the audiobook of the Brothers Karamazov.
Alexey Fyodorovitch Karamazov was the third son of Fyodor Pavlovitch Karamazov...

3. Read a bit JW as I plan to visit her shop if possible when I am in London. It is always a pleasure reading her words. ‘Life has to be about love and life has to be about finding happiness where we can and not letting the shadows in our lives block out the happiness. I am having quite a tough time in some ways right now, but this has been a week of simple, contented life.’, JW, my week.

Sometimes I wish I could be very old. Then I might be not so anxious about my own life. But sense and sensibility may not be proportional to ages. I need to learn to be confident.

4. Read Chap 26 in Lars’ textbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment